Halloween is around the corner, and every dog owner desires to share the fun of the spookiest day of the year with their furry companion. Some dog owners choose to celebrate it by dressing up their dogs in fun Halloween outfits whereas some prefer to celebrate it by baking a batch of special Halloween dog treats. From chewy treats to frozen treats, you can give an array of yummy treats to your canine companion.
By putting all the healthy ingredients, you can bake treats that are absolutely safe for your pooch. If you & your dog are not a big fan of wearing costumes then you can celebrate Halloween with your dog by baking some delicious treats. With the arrival of fall, you can see pumpkin all around. Dogs also enjoy eating pumpkin treats & it is also good for their overall health.
We’ve rounded up the top 5 homemade Halloween dog treats recipes
1. Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies
Halloween treat is incomplete without a pumpkin cookie. The arrival of fall is marked by the pumpkin so how can you miss to bake a pumpkin treat for your furry companion.
- Pure pumpkin puree (1.5 cups)
- Coconut flour (2.5 cups)
- Applesauce (1 cup)
- Eggs (4)
- Cinnamon (half teaspoon)
- Take a large container then pour pumpkin puree, coconut flour, applesauce, eggs & cinnamon into it. Mix all the ingredients well so that it becomes a thick batter.
- Now take a sheet and roll out the dough into it.
- Make sure to keep it a quarter-inch thick.
- Cut the cookies using your favorite cookie cutter
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet & bake it for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can give these pumpkin cookies to your dog on a Halloween eve and your dog will surely enjoy it.
2. Cinnamon bun bites
The next treat that you can give to your furry companion is cinnamon bun bites. Cinnamon biscuits are completely safe for dogs so you can let your dog indulge in some of these treats.
- Whole wheat flour (500ml)
- Cinnamon (1 tablespoon)
- Honey (2 tablespoons)
- Baking Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Canola oil (60 ml)
- Water ( half cup)
- First of all, take a large bowl then add flour, baking powder & salt into it. Mix the ingredients well.
- Take another bowl, and add egg, water & oil into it and stir well. Now add this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well until it becomes a soft dough.
- Now preheat oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit
- Now, take the dough out of the bowl & roll the dough over a lightly floured surface, and sprinkle honey & cinnamon into the dough.
- Cut the cookies using a sharp knife then place it over a baking sheet
- Bake it for 15 minutes
- Let it cool completely then serve it to your pooch
3. Banana pumpkin treats
The next treat on the list is banana pumpkin treats. Pumpkins are banana go well together & both of them have high nutritional properties in it.
- Pumpkin puree (1 cup)
- Whole wheat flour (3.5 cups)
- Mashed banana (1)
- Eggs (2)
- Take a bowl & add pumpkin, banana & eggs, stir it well to form a smooth texture.
- Now add flour into the batter and mix it until it forms into a soft dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit
- Take out the dough & roll it on a lightly floured surface then cut out the treats
- Put the treats on a baking sheet & bake it for 20 minutes
- Take the treats out of the oven & allow it to cool completely then serve it to your pooch
4.Yogurt berry frosty bone
The next treat that you can prepare for your furry companion is yogurt berry frosty bone. This tasty dog treat will surely uplift your dog’s mood & it would be a great treat for the Halloween eve.
- Greek yogurt (1 tablespoon)
- Plain yogurt (1 tablespoon)
- Blackberries (4 pieces)
- Strawberries (4 pieces)
- First of all, take a cookie-cutter as it will be used as a mold. Now pour a tablespoon of greek yogurt in it & let it freeze.
- Now, pour crushed blueberries in it & let it freeze for half an hour
- Add small pieces of strawberries in it then add a tablespoon of plain yogurt in it & let it freeze for 30 minutes.
- Now, take it out of the fridge & serve it to your pooch
5. Peanut sandwiches
The next treat on the list is peanut sandwiches. Peanut has high nutritional value into it & is very delicious in taste.
- Whole wheat flour (1.5 cups)
- White flour (1.5 cups)
- Peanut butter (half cup) + extra for serving
- Canola oil (2 tablespoons)
- Water (1 cup)
- Take a large bowl then add peanut butter, canola oil & water into it & mix it well.
- Now, add both the flours into it & cover it & let it rest for the 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, take out the dough & knead it into a ball.
- Roll it on a lightly floured surface & cut out the cookies
- Place them onto a baking sheet & bake for 10 minutes at 350-degree Fahrenheit
- Now, take the cookies out of the oven & let it cool completely then add peanut butter between the two cookies & serve it to your dog
Halloween is a great occasion to spoil our dogs with our healthy & mouth-watering treats. You can customize the shapes by using fun shapes. Also, make sure not to overfeed your dog. Don’t forget to share these Halloween recipes with your pet parents.