Sleeping through night with a new puppy may give you a tough time as your new puppy will take some time to adjust according to your sleep schedule and you need to prepare him well enough so that within a span of time he learns when to sleep so you need to remain dedicated to train your new dog and be consistent.
Let’s discuss the steps you need to follow to help your new puppy to sleep through the night:
- Your new pup will not go instantly to sleep so in order to make him sleepy and tired, play with him for a good 20-30 minutes as this will lower down his energy level but be consistent and play every day before bedtime.
- You don’t want that your puppy wakes up in the middle of the night feeling hungry so make sure to feed him enough. Some people don’t feed right before going to bed so in that case, feed him couple of hours before going to bed
- Also, don’t forget to take your puppy for a potty break before going to bed.
- There is a sleep-inducing hormone Melatonin present in the body which regulates the sleep and wake cycle, this hormone is affected by the amount of light in the surrounding so don’t forget to turn off the lights when your pup is sleeping.
- Playing soft music can also help your puppy to be calm while sleeping
By following this schedule diligently, you will see the results in a short span of time.