The food that seems tempting to humans can be hazardous to pets which results in various health issues. The dog owner needs to be aware of such foods and should avoid giving them to their four-legged friend. Such foods may have high nutritional value for humans but are extremely dangerous if ingested by your furry companion.
Let’s discuss what are the various foods that a dog owner should never feed his dog as it may lead to various health problems and can cause toxicity.
A little dosage of alcohol is enough to make your dog severely ill. If your intake alcohol then it may lead to vomiting, diarrhea and it can also damage his central nervous system. In severe cases, it may lead to the death of the dog. Its effect can be worse for the smaller breeds of dog.
A stimulant called theobromine is present in all kind of chocolates which is majorly responsible for causing toxicity in dogs. Even a little amount of chocolate can result in chocolate poisoning in dogs. It can also harm his kidneys, heart and central nervous system.
- Onions & garlic:
You should never feed your dog any food that contains onion in it. Raw onion and cooked onion both can harm your dog’s health. It can damage his red blood cells and can also cause irritation in his guts.
A substance called Persin is present in avocado which can lead to diarrhea and vomiting so you should never feed it to your dog.
Giving grapes as a treat to your dogs is not advisable to the dog owners as it can cause kidney failure in your dog.
Xylitol is a kind of artificial sweetener present in some diet foods. If you feed your dog any kind of food which contains xylitol in it then it may result in vomiting and loss of coordination in him.
- Dairy products:
Feeding dairy products to your dog can lead to diarrhea and it also causes food allergies
Feeding salty food in large quantity can lead to salt poisoning in your dog and it can also cause severe neurological problems in dogs.
If you feed your dog bread dough which contains yeast in it then it can harm his health as yeast can expand in his stomach and can tear his organs. It can also cause a digestive problem in dogs.
Nuts can be highly toxic to your dogs as it is generally high in fats and salts so it can cause lethargy and loss of muscle control in dogs.
Make sure that you should feed him any of these foods as it can be fatal. It is advisable for every dog-owner to stick by the food that is approved by your veterinarian. And if your dog has already consumed any of this toxic food then rush to your veterinarian doctor immediately.