Undoubtedly, vegetables are beneficial for humans as they are full of nutrients that one requires to keeping his health intact but are vegetables as much beneficial for dogs as it is for humans. As we all know that dogs are omnivores, which means they can consume both plants and meat but is it also necessary for a dog owner to know that which vegetable would be healthy for his furry companion’s health.
Dogs owners should only add vegetables to their dog’s diet only after assuring that it contains beneficial vitamins, minerals, and fats which will help in promoting his health. Canned dog foods also contain some proportions of vegetables in it so, your furry companion can surely have vegetables in this meals but all you need to take care of is finding out which vegetables are safe for his consumption.
Vegetables are beneficial from the dietary standpoint as they are filled with fiber and nutrients which can help in aiding your dog’s constipation and other issues.
No matter how fewer calories your furry companion is getting from the consumption of vegetables still it is necessary for a dog owner to keep a watch over his dog’s calorie consumption. The dog owner should feed his dog in good proportions. Also, the most important thing that a dog owner needs to make sure is never to feed raw veggies to his furry companion, give him boiled, roasted or grilled etc.
Let’s find out some vegetables that are good for your furry companion’s health:
- Carrot: The dog owners can consider feeding carrots as it is packed with various vitamins and potassium which helps in strengthening your dog’s muscles. Make sure to give small chunks to him so that he can easily chew it.
- Cucumber: The dog owner can also feed cucumber to his furry friend as it contains healthy nutrients but make sure to give it in small chunks and avoid adding salt to it.
- Peas: Dogs love peas and it also doesn’t pose any problems in your furry companion’s health.
- Brussel sprouts: Brussel sprouts are good for your furry companion’s health as it contains effective nutrients and antioxidants.
- Green beans: Green beans are loaded with beneficial vitamins and minerals so you can give it to your dog. Make sure to give chopped and steamed beans.
- Potatoes: You can feed potatoes to your dog as it is packed with lots of iron in it. The dog owner should never give his dog raw potatoes as it can harm his stomach.
- Feeding vegetables to your dog can help him in shedding excessive weight on his body. The dog owner must consult a veterinarian first before implementing changes in his dog’s dietary plan.
- Vegetables can help in alkalinizing your furry companion’s body. Too much acidity can result in chronic diseases so the dog owners should feed their dog some nutrition packed vegetables.
- Vegetables are a good source of a variety of nutrients like protein, fats, carbohydrates, and fiber etc. The dog owners should consider adding some proportion of vegetable in his dog’s diet.
The dog owner can surely incorporate vegetables into his dog’s diet but one should always consult a veterinarian before including anything in your furry companion’s diet.